GRAND STAND PORTABLE LIFT UP CUSHIONReturn to Search Results
Record 21 of 47.« Previous Product Next Product »
--- DISCONTINUED. (Verified 10/2004) RETAINED IN DATABASE FOR REFERENCE. --- The Grand Stand The Portable Lift Up Cushion is a seating and standing aid designed to assist seniors, persons with restricted seating and standing mobility caused by joint disabilities such as severe arthritis, neuromuscular disabilities (stroke, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, etc), or obesity, persons recovering from surgery, or as a preventative for persons prone to fractures from osteoporosis to ease into a chair or to get up from a seated position. This portable, spring operated seat lifting mechanism is an affordable alternative to a seat lift chair; it fits most chairs and wheelchairs. Each order is customized to lift, or absorb, 80 percent of the user's weight. OPERATION: The patented cam locking mechanism engages when the user fully sits down. This latching prevents the cushion from trying to lift the person while they may only be reaching for something or moving on the cushion. When ready to rise, the user presses the operating rod release bar and lets go. The device will not react until the user has lifted 20 percent of their weight. At this point, the cushion responds by lifting the remaining 80 percent to the standing position. Operating mechanisms are on the right hand side of the cushion. SAFETY FEATURES: No one can be thrown off balance or ejected from the cushion due to three factors - 1) if the person is the correct weight, or heavier, the cushion will provide only 80 percent or less lift; 2) if the person is too light (20 pounds) the cushion will not close enough to latch; or 3) if the cushion is latched already, and a person who is too light (such as a child) sits on the cushion, the latching mechanism will NOT release. MATERIALS: Choice of automotive grade cloth upholstery laminated with a foam backing and a strengthening scrim, or a Boltaflex vinyl compounded with additives to increase antimicrobial activity and bacterial resistance appropriate for both institutional and private use under a variety of incontinence situations. DIMENSIONS: 18.5 x 17 x 5.5 inches. CAPACITY: User may weigh from 60 to 300 pounds. The user's actual weight should be within 10 pounds of the specified weight for the cushion. In the event of extreme weight gain or loss, the device should undergo re-springing ($40, which includes return shipment of cushion). WEIGHT: 12 to 14 pounds COLORS: Cloth is available in Sapphire Blue or Antelope Tan; vinyl comes in Blue only. WARRANTY: Patented parts warranted by manufacturer for the lifetime of the merchandise; all other components are warranted for 1-year from date of sale to original consumer.
Notes: Medicare has classified the Grand Stand Portable Lift Up Cushion as a seat lift mechanism for use with patient owned furniture, non-electric (HCFA code E0629NU). This device is approved by Medicare for an average of $285 of retail cost when the attending physician certifies medical necessity. ** Grand Stand is a trademark of CeCam Technology. Manufactured by CeCam Technology, PO Box 856, Carrollton, GA. Marketed by Senior Services Network, Inc.
Price: Contact manufacturer.
This product record was updated on October 21, 2004.
This product is available from:
Senior Services Network, Inc.
To the best of our knowledge, this company no longer sells assistive products. We list inactive companies for reference purposes only. The contact information listed is the last known for this company; current contact information is not available. If you have updated information on this company, please contact AbleData.PO Box 1365
Carrollton, Georgia 30117
Telephone: 800-466-4675 or 770-834-2013.
Fax: 770-830-0411 F.
Web: No known web address.
Link to more products from Senior Services Network, Inc.
« Previous Product Next Product » Return to Search Results
Record 21 of 47.